Eaton (St. Denis)
EATON (St. Denis), a parish, in the union of Melton-Mowbray, hundred of Framland, N. division of the county of Leicester, 8 miles (N. N. E.) from Melton-Mowbray; containing 404 inhabitants. It comprises 1719a. 3r. 29p., of which about 300 acres are pasture, and the rest arable, with the exception of 22 acres of woodland. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £7. 11. 3., and in the patronage of the Crown; net income, £83; impropriators, C. M. Morley and J. Rogers, Esqrs. The tithes were commuted for land in 1769. The Wesleyans have a place of worship; and there are some small bequests for distribution among the poor.