EATON, a township, in the parish of Tarporley, union of Nantwich, First division of the hundred of Eddisbury, S. division of the county of Chester, 1½ mile (E. N. E.) from Tarporley, containing 525 inhabitants. This manor, which was granted by John Scott, Earl of Chester, to Hugh Fitton, was afterwards successively in the Greys, earls of Kent, and the Hintons, and appears to have been subsequently in the family of Done. The township lies east of the road from Tarporley to Warrington, and comprises 1251 acres, of a strong soil. The tithes of Eaton, with those of Utkinton and Rushton, have been commuted for £509. 5. Schools are partly supported by endowment.