Easton Magna (St. Andrew)
EASTON MAGNA (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Uppingham, hundred of Gartree, S. division of the county of Leicester, 8¼ miles (E. N. E.) from Market-Harborough; containing 600 inhabitants. The parish comprises 2277a. 3r. 39p., and is situated on the borders of the counties of Rutland and Northampton, from which latter it is separated by the river Welland. The living is a vicarage, in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Peterborough: an allotment of 195a. 1r. 2p. of land, and a money payment, were assigned in lieu of the great tithes, under an inclosure act passed in 1804; and the vicarial glebe consists of 78a. 29p. The church was repaired and repewed in 1832. There are places of worship for Independents and Wesleyans; and a school endowed with £5 per annum. The poor annually receive clothing at the cost of £30, and also £15, the rent of an allotment which was made under the inclosure act.