EASTON, LITTLE, a parish, in the union and hundred of Dunmow, N. division of Essex, 2½ miles (N. W.) from Dunmow; containing 343 inhabitants. The village is pleasingly situated on the margin of the river Chelmer, over which is a wooden bridge. The manor, after being for many generations in the possession of numerous distinguished families, was granted by Queen Elizabeth to the ancestor of Viscount Maynard, the present proprietor, whose elegant seat, Easton Lodge, was burnt down in 1847. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £10, and in the gift of his Lordship: the tithes have been commuted for £316, and the glebe comprises 58 acres. The church, a fine edifice with a tower, is of considerable antiquity; and on the south side of the chancel is a chapel, formerly belonging to the Bourchier family, and which contains several splendid monuments to the Maynards.