EASTON, GREY, a parish, in the union of Malmesbury, hundred of Chippenham, Malmesbury and Kingswood, and N. divisions of Wilts, 3½ miles (W.) from Malmesbury; containing 165 inhabitants. The parish comprises by measurement 1046 acres, of which the surface is flat, and the soil generally a stone brash; the village is situated on the road from Bristol to Malmesbury, on the side of a hill sloping towards the river Avon. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £6. 0. 5., and in the gift of the Rev. W. S. Birch: the tithes have been commuted for £265, and the glebe comprises nearly 25 acres. The church, with the exception of the tower, was rebuilt in 1838. An almshouse for six women is endowed with £50 per annum.