Easton (All Saints)
EASTON (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Stamford, hundred of Willybrook, N. division of the county of Northampton, 2½ miles (S. W. by S.) from Stamford; containing 883 inhabitants. The parish is on the road from Stamford to Kettering, and comprises by measurement 3300 acres: there are quarries of building-stone and slate. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £19. 8. 9.; net income, £440; patron, the Marquess of Exeter. The tithes were commuted for land and a corn-rent in 1817. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans. Here is a free school, endowed by R. Garford, in 1670, with houses producing a rental of £65.