Easton (St. Peter)
EASTON (St. Peter), a parish, in the incorporation and hundred of Forehoe, E. division of Norfolk, 6¾ miles (W. N. W.) from Norwich; containing 279 inhabitants. It comprises by computation 1566 acres, of which 1140 are arable, 170 pasture, and 256 wood. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £7. 11. 10½.; patron, E. R. Fellowes, Esq.: the great tithes have been commuted for £31, and the small for £170; the vicar has also a glebe of 29 acres. The church is an ancient edifice, with a campanile turret, replacing a tower which fell down in 1778. There is a place of worship for Baptists. Cardinal Easton, who flourished in the reign of Richard II., was a native of the parish.