EASINGTON, a township, in the parish of Slaidburn, union of Clitheroe, W. division of the wapentake of Staincliffe and Ewcross, W. riding of York, 7½ miles (N. N. W.) from Clitheroe; containing 409 inhabitants. The township includes the hamlets of DaleHead and Stephen Park, and comprises 8019 acres, of which 2000 are waste; it is a hilly moorland district, affording tolerable pasturage for sheep and cattle. Easington belongs to various owners: the farms called Dale House and Higher and Lower Halsteads, with the large commons adjoining, are the property of William Marshall, Esq., of Wray, in the county of Lancaster, and contain some valuable veins of black marble, and excellent limestone. The scenery is extremely romantic and beautiful. The noted spring called "Nataranam Well," is in the centre of the Halstead common, and is a place of much resort. The tithes have been commuted for £130, and the glebe land here consists of two acres. A school was founded at Dale-Head in 1732, and endowed with £350, now vested in the funds.