EARSDON, a township, in the parochial chapelry of Hebburn, union of Morpeth, W. division of Morpeth ward, N. division of Northumberland, 5½ miles (N.) from Morpeth; containing 86 inhabitants. This place has been the property of the families of Bertram, Erdiston, Thornton, and Ogle, of the first of whom was Sir John Bertram, Knt., who died in 1449, possessed of 16 messuages, 14 cottages, 8 acres of meadow, 494 of arable land, 400 of wood, and 300 of moor, in "Eresdon." The Duke of Portland is now the principal owner. The township comprises 913 acres, of which 760 are under the plough, 143 are grass-land, and 10 wood; it is about a mile east of the great north road, and in a very exposed situation, on the brow of a dry hill: on the west side of the road are Earsdon moor and windmill. The tithes have been commuted for £152. 9.