Eagle (All Saints)
EAGLE (All Saints), a parish, partly in the Higher, but chiefly in the Lower, division of the wapentake of Boothby-Graffo, parts of Kesteven, union and county of Lincoln, 7½ miles (W. S. W.) from Lincoln; containing 466 inhabitants. At this place was a preceptory of the Knights Templars, which, on the suppression of their order, was transferred to the Hospitallers: its revenue at the Dissolution amounted to £144. 18. 10. The parish comprises by computation 1231 acres; the surface is undulated, and the soil a sandy loam, alternated with clay. Here is a tepid spring. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £3. 5. 10.; net income, £100; patron and impropriator, Sir W. A. Ingilby, Bart. The church is an ancient structure. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans.