Dunstew (St. Mary)
DUNSTEW (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Woodstock, hundred of Wootton, county of Oxford, 8 miles (N.) from Woodstock; containing 449 inhabitants. It comprises 1680 acres, of which nearly 1200 are arable, and the remainder meadow and pasture. Stone of good quality for building is found; and about seventy persons are employed in making gloves for the Woodstock market. The living is a vicarage, valued in the king's books at £8. 2. 8¼.; net income, £237; patron and impropriator, Sir George Dashwood, Bart. The tithes were commuted for land and a money payment in 1793.