DUNSTAN, ST., a parish, in the union of Blean, hundred of Westgate, lathe of St. Augustine, E. division of Kent, ¼ of a mile (N. W.) from Canterbury; containing 1209 inhabitants, and comprising 385 acres. A part of the parish is within the municipal borough of Canterbury. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £5, and in the patronage of the Archbishop, with a net income of £120; the impropriation belongs to G. Gipps, Esq., and Eastbridge Hospital. The church, which belonged to the convent of St. Gregory in Canterbury, stands on gently rising ground; it has recently been much improved, and among its chief architectural features may be mentioned the semicircular tower adjoining the western square tower. In the family vault of the Ropers still lies the head of Sir Thomas More, which was placed here by his beloved daughter, and was discovered during some repairs in 1835. There are a national central, and an infants' school, with an endowment of £6000 in the three per cent. consols., bequeathed by Mr. Tillard.