Dunham, Little (St. Margaret)
DUNHAM, LITTLE (St. Margaret), a parish, in the union of Mitford and Launditch, hundred of Launditch, W. division of Norfolk, 4¼ miles (N. E. by E.) from Swaffham; containing 298 inhabitants. It comprises 1837 acres, of which 1366 are arable, 326 pasture, and 74 woodland; the soil rests on a strong clay or marl, and abounds with pyrites and various fossils. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £9. 16., and in the gift of the Rev. John Nelson: the tithes have been commuted for £493. 11. 6., and the glebe comprises 25½ acres, with a glebe-house. At the inclosure in 1793, 36 acres were allotted to the poor, the proceeds of which amount to £40 per annum.