DUNHAM, GREAT, a parish, in the union of Mitford and Launditch, hundred of Launditch, W. division of Norfolk, 5¼ miles (N. E.) from Swaffham; containing 520 inhabitants. It consists of 1968 acres, of which 1674 are arable, 280 meadow and pasture, and 13 woodland and plantations. The living comprises the consolidated discharged rectories of St. Andrew and St. Mary, valued in the king's books at £12. 1. 10½., and in the gift of the Rev. J. Humfrey: the tithes have been commuted for £550, and the glebe comprises 44 acres. The church is an ancient structure, repewed in 1832, at the cost of the incumbent; the font is curious, and on the south side of the chancel is a beautiful piscina, discovered in 1842. There are places of worship for Wesleyans and Baptists. The poor, in addition to several minor benefactions, receive yearly in coal the proceeds of 33 acres of land, awarded at the inclosure in 1796. On the recent formation of a road to Fransham, some fine Roman urns were found.