Dullingham (St. Mary)
DULLINGHAM (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Newmarket, hundred of Radfield, county of Cambridge, 3¾ miles (S. by W.) from Newmarket; containing 758 inhabitants. The parish is near the road from London to Newmarket, and the works of the Newmarket and Chesterford railway were commenced here, in October, 1846. It comprises 3421a. 1r. 26p. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £12. 15. 5., and has a net income of £165; the patronage and impropriation belong to Mrs. Pigott. The tithes were commuted for land and a money payment in 1806; the glebe contains 87 acres, with a good glebe-house, built by the present incumbent. The Wesleyans have a place of worship; and there is a school with an endowment of £5 per annum.