DUDLESTON, a chapelry, in the parish and union of Ellesmere, hundred of Pimhill, N. division of Salop, 4¾ miles (N. W. by N.) from Ellesmere; containing 1030 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the patronage of the Crown; impropriators, H. Mainwaring and E. Kynaston, Esqrs.; net income, £238. The chapel is dedicated to St. Mary, and has been enlarged. A school, now in union with the National Society, was endowed with a rent-charge of £10 by Frances Edwards.