DUDDON, a township, in the parish of Tarvin, union of Great Boughton, Second division of the hundred of Eddisbury, S. division of the county of Chester, 3 miles (N. W. by W.) from Tarporley; containing 200 inhabitants. The manor was for many generations in moieties between the families of Bruen and Done; the first passed, with Bruen-Stapleford, to Mr. Wilbraham, and the other with the Utkinton estate to Mr. Arden. Duddon Hall, which continued to be the seat of a younger branch of the Dones long after the extinction of the elder branch, is now a farmhouse. The township lies on the road from Tarporley to Chester, and comprises about 600 acres, of a clayey and sandy soil. The tithes have been commuted for £44. 2. payable to the vicar, and £67. 7. to the Dean and Chapter of Lichfield. A church, dedicated to St. Peter, was erected in 1833, with a national school adjoining.