Ducklington (St. Bartholomew)
DUCKLINGTON (St. Bartholomew), a parish, in the union of Witney, hundred of Bampton, county of Oxford, 1½ mile (S.) from Witney; containing, with the hamlet of Hardwicke, 541 inhabitants. It comprises by admeasurement 1886 acres, of which 1073 are arable, 640 pasture, and 170 woodland. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £24. 10. 5., and in the gift of Magdalen College, Oxford: the tithes, excepting those of Hardwicke, have been commuted for £466, and the glebe comprises 35 acres, with a glebehouse. The church is a highly interesting structure, partly in the early and partly in the decorated English style, with a north and south porch of elegant design, and consists of a nave, aisles, and chancel; it has been repewed, and greatly improved and beautified, chiefly at the expense of the incumbent. There is a chapel of ease in Cokethorpe Park belonging to the hamlet of Hardwicke, an ancient edifice with a tower.