Drypool (St. Peter)
DRYPOOL (St. Peter), a parish, in the union of Sculcoates, Middle division of the wapentake of Holderness, E. riding of York; containing 3390 inhabitants, of whom 2223 are in the township of Drypool. The parish consists of the townships of Drypool and Southcoates; it is bounded on the west by the river Hull, and comprises about 1100 acres of level land, of which 100 are in Drypool. The village is deemed a part of the town of Hull, to which it is contiguous. In the vicinity was the village of Frisneck, which was destroyed by an inundation of the Humber. The living is a perpetual curacy in the patronage of the Trustees of the Rev. C. Simeon, with a net income of £200, and a residence; impropriator, H. Broadley, Esq. The church was rebuilt in 1824, by subscription, aided by a grant of £500 from the Church Building Society, and is a neat plain edifice, containing nearly 1100 sittings, of which 722 are free. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans.