Drinkstone (All Saints)
DRINKSTONE (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Stow, hundred of Thedwastry, W. division of Suffolk, 6½ miles (W. N. W.) from Stow-Market; containing 505 inhabitants. It comprises 2172 acres, of which 67 are common or waste. Here is a handsome mansion, beautifully situated in an extensive and well-wooded park. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £16. 17. 1., and in the gift of the Rev. Edgar Rust; the tithes have been commuted for £517, and the glebe comprises 85 acres. The church is in the decorated English style, with an embattled tower of brick, erected in 1694. The Rev. Richard Mosely, in 1804, bequeathed £700 for a school; and the poor have several other bequests.