Dringhoe, with Upton and Brough
DRINGHOE, with Upton and Brough, a township, in the parish of Skipsea, union of Bridlington, N. division of the wapentake of Holderness, E. riding of York, 11 miles (E. by S.) from Driffield; containing 190 inhabitants, of whom 82 are in Dringhoe. This place at an early period came into the hands of the family of Cance, and remained with them through a long period of years; the abbey of Meaux had also several grants of land here, and held at the Dissolution 378 acres. The township comprises about 1700 acres, tithe-free, partly the property of Sir T. A. Clifford Constable: the road from Barmston to Brandsburton passes on the west. The Hall is now a farmhouse.