Driby (St. Michael)
DRIBY (St. Michael), a parish, in the union of Spilsby, Wold division of the wapentake of Candleshoe, parts of Lindsey, county of Lincoln, 4¾ miles (W. by S.) from Alford; containing 97 inhabitants. It comprises 1338 acres, and is distinguished by a bold line of hills belonging to the chalk formation of the county, and forming part of its eastern escarpment towards the sea. The living is a discharged rectory, united in 1774 to that of South Ormsby, and valued in the king's books at £8. 19. 4.