Drewton, with Everthorp
DREWTON, with Everthorp, a township, in the parish of North Cave, union of Howden, HunsleyBeacon division of the wapentake of Harthill, E. riding of York, 1½ mile (N. by W.) from South Cave; containing 184 inhabitants, of whom 85 are in the hamlet of Drewton. The township is formed of two manors, and is intersected by the road from Beverley to Howden; it comprises by computation 1390 acres of land. The manor of Drewton, the name of which is supposed to be a corruption of Druids' town, is a romantic district of scattered houses: the Hall stands in a secluded valley in the south-western hills of the Wolds, where many British and Roman antiquities, and human bones, have been found. Everthorp is distant from Drewton about two miles.