Drayton, West (St. Martin)
DRAYTON, WEST (St. Martin), a parish, in the union of Uxbridge, hundred of Elthorne, county of Middlesex, 3¼ miles (N. E.) from Colnbrook; containing 802 inhabitants. The Grand Junction canal passes through the parish; and here is a station of the Great Western railway, which passes a short distance to the north of the church. The living is a discharged vicarage, united to that of Harmondsworth, and valued in the king's books at £13. 6. 8.: the tithes were commuted for land and a money payment in 1824. The church has an embattled tower at the west end, and contains a font curiously sculptured in compartments.