Drayton (St. Peter)
DRAYTON (St. Peter), a parish, in the union of Banbury, hundred of Bloxham, county of Oxford, 2 miles (N. W. by W.) from Banbury; containing 206 inhabitants. It comprises 856a. 1r. 32p.: the soil is a light loam of reddish colour, and the surface is hilly. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £12. 16. 0½.; net income, £316; patron, Earl Delawarr. The tithes were commuted for land and cornrents in 1801. The church, which has been renovated, is pleasantly situated in the vicinity of the well-wooded park of the Ladies North, at Wroxton; near the north door is an ancient stone coffin, on which are sculptured three stars entwined with tendrils and foliage.