DRAYTON, a parish, in the union of Abingdon, hundred of Ock, county of Berks, 2¼ miles (S. W. by S.) from Abingdon; containing 521 inhabitants. This place suffered severely from a fire that accidentally occurred in 1780, when more than thirty houses were destroyed. The parish comprises 1738 acres, the soil of which is partly gravel and partly a strong clay; the village is pleasantly situated, near the Wilts and Berks canal. The living is annexed to the vicarage of St. Helen's: the church is dedicated to St. Peter. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans.