Draughton (St. Catherine)
DRAUGHTON (St. Catherine), a parish, in the union of Brixworth, hundred of Rothwell, N. division of the county of Northampton, 11 miles (N.) from Northampton; containing 208 inhabitants. It comprises about 1420 acres, in about equal portions of arable and pasture: freestone of good quality is quarried for building and other purposes. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £12. 2. 11., and in the gift of H. H. H. Hungerford, Esq., sole proprietor of the parish: the tithes have been commuted for £367. 10., and the glebe comprises nearly 5 acres. The church is an ancient edifice, with a tower, and neatly arranged interior. A school was built in 1841, and is supported by subscription.