Doddington (St. Peter)
DODDINGTON (St. Peter), a parish, in the Lower division of the wapentake of Boothby-Graffo, parts of Kesteven, union and county of Lincoln, 7 miles (W. by S.) from Lincoln; containing 220 inhabitants. The parish comprises about 2000 acres, and the hamlet of Whisby, which is attached to it, about 1635. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £7. 9. 6.; net income, £180; patron, Col. Jarvis, who has endowed a school. The glebe contains nearly 100 acres, and there is a glebe-house attached to the benefice.