Ditton, Priors (St. John the Baptist)
DITTON, PRIORS (St. John the Baptist), a parish, in the union of Bridgnorth, partly in the hundred of Munslow, but chiefly in the liberty of the borough of Wenlock, S. division of Salop, 7¾ miles (W. S. W.) from Bridgnorth; containing 660 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £5. 15. 8.; net income, £147; patron and impropriator, R. Canning, Esq. The tithes were commuted for land in 1813.