Digby (St. Thomas � Becket)
DIGBY (St. Thomas à Becket), a parish, in the union of Sleaford, wapentake of Flaxwell, parts of Kesteven, county of Lincoln, 6 miles (N. by E.) from Sleaford; containing 364 inhabitants. This parish, which is the property of the Earl of Harrowby, comprises by computation 3000 acres. A pleasure-fair is held on the 6th of July. The living is a discharged vicarage, united in 1717 to the rectory of Bloxham, and valued in the king's books at £5. 2. 11.: the tithes have been commuted for £240, and there are about ¾ of an acre of glebe. The church is a very handsome structure in the decorated English style, with a square embattled tower crowned with crocketted pinnacles, and surmounted by a spire of elegant design; the walls of the church are embattled, and the entrance is under a richly ornamented Norman arch. A school is endowed with £20 per annum, arising from land given by Henry Young, in 1761.