Didlington (St. Michael)
DIDLINGTON (St. Michael), a parish, in the union of Swaffham, hundred of South Greenhoe, W. division of Norfolk, 7 miles (N.) from Brandon; containing 77 inhabitants. It comprises about 1000 acres, the property of Lord Berners, of Didlington Hall, a neat brick mansion, in a small park ornamented with a fine piece of water and several lime-trees. The living is a discharged vicarage, with the rectory of Colveston consolidated, valued in the king's books at £3. 4. 4½.; net income, £110; patron and impropriator, Lord Berners: the glebe consists of about 80 acres. The church is a neat structure, picturesquely situated in the park, with a square embattled tower, and contains some monuments to his lordship's family.