Diddington (St. Lawrence)
DIDDINGTON (St. Lawrence), a parish, in the union of St. Neot's, hundred of Tozeland, county of Huntingdon, 1 mile (S.) from Buckden; containing 212 inhabitants. This parish, which is situated on the great north road, and divided from the parish of Offord by the river Ouse, comprises by measurement 1290 acres. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £7. 4. 7½.; net income, £134; patrons and impropriators, the Warden and Fellows of Merton College, Oxford. The tithes were commuted for land and a corn-rent in 1797.