Didbrook (St. George)
DIDBROOK (St. George), a parish, in the union of Winchcomb, Lower division of the hundred of Kiftsgate, E. division of the county of Gloucester, 2¾ miles (N. E.) from Winchcomb; containing, with the township of Pinnock with Hyde, and the hamlets of Coscomb and Wormington-Grange, 353 inhabitants. The parish comprises about 1460 acres, the greater part in pasture; the soil is clayey, and of great fertility; the surface is generally flat, and watered by a rivulet called the Isbourn. The living is a discharged vicarage, with the rectory of Pinnock annexed, valued in the king's books at £7. 9. 10.; net income, £257; patron and impropriator, Lord Sudeley. The church appears, from an inscription, to have been built about 1470; it is in the later English style, with an embattled tower, and has some stained glass. There is a chapel at Hayles, in the parish.