DEUXHILL, a parish, in the union of Bridgnorth, liberty of the borough of Wenlock, though locally in the hundred of Stottesden, S. division of Salop, 4½ miles (S. by W.) from Bridgnorth; containing 45 inhabitants. It is situated on the road from Bridgnorth to Cleobury-Mortimer, and comprises 483 acres, the soil of which is chiefly marl and stiff clay. There is a bed of coal of a sulphureous quality. The living is a discharged rectory, annexed, with that of Glazeley, in 1760, to the rectory of Chetton, and valued in the king's books at £4. 12. 3½. The tithes have been commuted for £77. 17., and there are 17 acres of glebe land. The church is a small, neat structure: the nave appears to have been rebuilt about 1688; there is no chancel at present, but at the east end is a low circular arch, formerly communicating with one, and indicating considerable antiquity.