Deopham (St. Andrew)
DEOPHAM (St. Andrew), a parish, in the incorporation and hundred of Forehoe, E. division of Norfolk, 4 miles (W. by S.) from Wymondham; containing 252 inhabitants. It comprises 1668 acres: the common was inclosed in 1812. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £5. 7.11.; patrons and appropriators, the Dean and Chapter of Canterbury; net income, £204. The church is a handsome structure in the later English style, with a square embattled tower; in the chancel is a piscina of elegant design. There is a place of worship for Primitive Methodists.