DENNIS (St.), a parish, in the union of St. Austell, E. division of Powder hundred and of Cornwall, 5½ miles (S. E. by S.) from St. Columb Major: containing 828 inhabitants. It comprises 3100 acres, of which 1139 are common or waste. There are some tin streams in the parish; and clay, used in the manufacture of china, is found. The living is a rectory not in charge, annexed, with that of St. Stephen's, to the rectory of St. Michael Caerhays: the tithes have been commuted for £260. Here is a place of worship for Wesleyans.