Denham (St. John the Baptist)
DENHAM (St. John the Baptist), a parish, in the union and hundred of Hoxne, E. division of Suffolk, 2 miles (E.) from Eye; containing 313 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, annexed to that of Hoxne, and valued in the king's books at £5. 0. 10.: impropriator, Sir E. Kerrison, Bart.: the glebe comprises 20 acres. The church, according to an inscription on the east wall, was built by William de Kirkby, prior of Norwich, about the year 1200.