DENDRON, a chapelry, in the parish of Aldingham, union of Ulverston, hundred of Lonsdale north of the Sands, county of Lancaster, 2½ miles (S. S. E.) from Dalton. This place lies west-by-south of the church of Aldingham, and includes Leece, a small township containing a few farmhouses, in one of the most fertile and salubrious parts of Low Furness, where the eminences are gently swelling mounts, and the vales narrow and winding. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £80; patron, the Rector of Aldingham. The chapel, erected by Robert Dickenson in 1642, was rebuilt about 70 years ago, at the expense of Thomas Green, Esq., of London. Robert Dickenson, in 1644, also founded a school, with an endowment.