Deeping, West (St. Michael)
DEEPING, WEST (St. Michael), a parish, in the union of Stamford, wapentake of Ness, parts of Kesteven, county of Lincoln, 2 miles (W. S. W.) from Market-Deeping; containing 306 inhabitants. The parish is situated on the road from Stamford to Boston, and on the bank of the river Welland; the canal from Boston to Stamford passes through it. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £9. 17. 11., and in the patronage of the Crown, with a net income of £373: the tithes were commuted for land and a money payment in 1801; the glebe contains altogether about 200 acres, with a glebe-house. The church has portions in the early, decorated, and later English styles; the font is a fine specimen of the early English.