Dean, Nether (All Saints)
DEAN, NETHER (All Saints), a parish, in the union of St. Neot's, hundred of Stodden, county of Bedford, 3½ miles (W. by S.) from Kimbolton; containing, with the hamlet of Upper Dean, 541 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £100; patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Worcester; impropriator, J. Cole, Esq. The tithes were commuted for land and a money payment by an act of the 40th of George III. Joseph Neale in 1702 gave some land which, since an inclosure of the common lands, has been augmented to about 74 acres, with a farmhouse, now producing £64 a year, for teaching boys. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans.