DAY, ST., a chapelry, in the parish of Gwennap, union of Redruth, hundred of Kerrier, county of Cornwall, 7 miles (W.) from Truro. This place is situated on an eminence in the centre of an extensive mining district, and is inhabited chiefly by persons employed in the surrounding works: it is large, neatly built, and supplied with water brought from a distance of three-quarters of a mile, by iron-pipes and machinery laid down in 1828, at a cost of £700. A market for provisions is held every Saturday, in a square area inclosed by a dwarf wall surmounted by an iron palisade; in the centre is a neat stone tower, with a lock-up house, erected in 1831, at an expense of £400. A fair is held on the Tuesday after July 29th. Within half a mile of the village is a railway leading to the port of Deveron, on the Restronget creek, belonging to Falmouth harbour; also a railroad to Portreath, on the Bristol Channel. The living is a perpetual curacy, the net income of which has been augmented by the Ecclesiastical Commissioners to £150; patron, the Vicar of Gwennap; appropriators, the Dean and Chapter of Exeter. The chapel, a neat edifice in the later English style, with a tower and spire, was erected in 1828, by subscription, aided by a grant of £3000 from the Parliamentary Commissioners. There was formerly a chapel dedicated to the Holy Trinity, which has been demolished: the tower was taken down not long before the year 1780. The Baptists, Bryanites, and Wesleyans have places of worship.