DAWLEY, LITTLE, an ecclesiastical parish or district, in the parish of Dawley Magna, union of Madeley, Wellington division of the hundred of South Bradford, N. division of Salop, 4 miles (W. by S.) from Shiffnall. This district is about two miles in extent from north to south, and a mile and a half from east to west; it abounds in coal and ironstone, and at Horsehay are the well-known and very extensive iron-works of the Coalbrook-dale Company. The road from Coalbrookdale to Wellington runs through a part of it. The parish was constituted under the act 6th and 7th of Victoria, cap. 37, and the church was consecrated in October, 1845: it is a neat brick edifice in the Norman style, with a stone turret, and cost about £1500. The living is a perpetual curacy; patrons, the Crown and the Bishop of Lichfield, alternately; net income, £150. The tithes have been commuted for £154. The Wesleyan Methodists have two places of worship here.