Davidstow (St. David)
DAVIDSTOW (St. David), a parish, in the union of Camelford, hundred of Lesnewth, E. division of Cornwall, 3½ miles (N. E.) from Camelford; containing 408 inhabitants. This place is watered by the river Inny, which has its source near the church, and, after receiving numerous tributaries in its course, falls into the Tamar, at Innisford, to which it gives name. The parish comprises 6756 acres, of which 1136 are common or waste; the soil is fertile, the surface is gently undulated, and the scenery pleasing. The petty-sessions for the division are held once a month, at the village of Hallworthy, in the parish. The living is a vicarage, valued in the king's books at £8, and in the patronage of the Crown, in right of the duchy of Cornwall; impropriator, John Pearse, Esq. The great tithes have been commuted for £166, and the vicarial for £240; the glebe contains 18 acres, with a glebe-house. There are several barrows.