DANE-BRIDGE, an ecclesiastical parish, partly in the parish of Davenham, and partly in the parochial chapelry of Witton, parish of Great Budworth, union and hundred of Northwich, S. division of the county of Chester, 1 mile (S.) from Northwich; containing about 2300 inhabitants, of whom 1400 are in the Davenham portion. This place is about seven furlongs in length and two in width; and with the exception of a few acres, the whole is built upon: the river Weaver forms a boundary on the west, and the Dane river on the east; and the road from Northwich to Middlewich passes through. The surrounding country is very beautiful, and studded with the handsome seats of various noblemen and gentlemen. The manufacture of salt is carried on. Dane-Bridge was constituted a district in April, 1846, and a parish in 1847, under the act of 6th and 7th Victoria, cap. 37: the living is a perpetual curacy, in the gift of the Crown and the Bishop of Chester, alternately; net income, £150. The church, which was built in the latter year, at a cost of between £2000 and £3000, is in the decorated style, and contains 600 sittings. There are places of worship for Calvinists, Ranters, and Wesleyans.