DALTON, a township, in the parish of Newburn, union of Castle ward, E. division of Tindale ward, S. division of Northumberland, 10½ miles (N. W. by W.) from Newcastle; containing 103 inhabitants. It is situated on the road from Ponteland to Stamfordham, about five miles distant from Newburn in a north-west direction. The tithes have been commuted for £11. 11. 10. payable to the vicar, and £108. 1. to the Bishop of Carlisle. A chapel of ease was built in 1836.