Cuxwold (St. Nicholas)
CUXWOLD (St. Nicholas), a parish, in the union of Caistor, wapentake of Bradley-Haverstoe, parts of Lindsey, county of Lincoln, 4 miles (E.) from Caistor; containing 62 inhabitants. It lies in the eastern part of the Wolds, and comprises 1670 acres of land. The road from Caistor to Great Grimsby passes on the north of the parish. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £5. 7. 6., and in the gift of H. Thorold, Esq.: the tithes have been commuted for £314. 17. 8., and the glebe comprises one acre and a quarter.