Cumberworth (St. Helen)
CUMBERWORTH (St. Helen), a parish, in the union of Spilsby, Marsh division of the hundred of Calceworth, parts of Lindsey, county of Lincoln, 4¼ miles (S. E. by E.) from Alford; containing 183 inhabitants, and comprising 1228a. 31p. The living is a discharged rectory, united in 1733 to the rectory of Anderby, and valued in the king's books at £10. 10. 2½. The tithes were commuted for land and a money payment, in 1819; the glebe comprises 215 acres. The church was rebuilt at the expense of the incumbent, the Rev. John Lodge, and opened for divine service in 1839; it is a handsome structure in the decorated English style. Here is a place of worship for Wesleyans.