Culworth (St. Mary)
CULWORTH (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Brackley, hundred of King's Sutton, S. division of the county of Northampton, 7¾ miles (N. E.) from Banbury; containing 713 inhabitants. It is situated near the borders of Oxfordshire, and comprises 2214 acres of a rich and productive soil. The living consists of a rectory and vicarage, valued in the king's books at £10, and in the gift of the Rev. John Spence: the rectorial tithes have been commuted for £509, and the vicarial for £191; the rectorial glebe contains nearly 24 acres, and there is a glebe-house. The church has a new chancel, built in 1845, by the rector. A school built by Mrs. Danvers was endowed in 1795, with an annuity of £65, by Martha and Frances Rich; it is in union with the National Society.