CULLINGWORTH, a hamlet and church district, in the township of Bingley cum Micklethwaite, parish of Bingley, union of Keighley, Upper division of the wapentake of Skyrack, W. riding of York, 7 miles (N. W.) from Bradford. The lands have been inclosed, and afford good crops of corn, and excellent pasturage: stone is quarried for building. The village is pleasantly situated on an eminence commanding fine views of the vale below, and is chiefly inhabited by persons employed in worsted-spinning and the Heald-yarn manufacture, for which there are large mills established in 1810. The living is a perpetual curacy, endowed by the ecclesiastical commission, and in the gift of the Crown and the Bishop of Ripon, alternately. There are places of worship for Baptists, Wesleyans, and Primitive Methodists; and a school endowed with £10 per annum, under the inclosure act. At Spring-head is a Roman encampment.