Cudham (St. Peter and St. Paul)
CUDHAM (St. Peter and St. Paul), a parish, in the union of Bromley, hundred of Ruxley, lathe of Sutton-at-Hone, W. division of Kent, 7 miles (S. E. by S.) from Bromley; containing 776 inhabitants. The parish comprises 5113 acres, whereof the soil is in general poor, and abounds with large flints; it contains many extensive woods, covering 1089 acres, and the most considerable of which is that called Cudham-Lodge Wood. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £13. 2. 2., and has a net income of £190; the patronage and impropriation belong to the Crown. A grant for a weekly market to be held here, was made by Henry III.